- Uninstall Mac apps using Trash. Whether you're running macOS Catalina or an earlier macOS, like.
- Find the app or program you want to uninstall, click it, and then click Uninstall. It doesn't matter if it's an app or a desktop program this time - you will see a pop-up window informing you.
- Are you looking for the best uninstaller app for mac, which can enhance its speed.
Use Launchpad to delete an app
Launchpad offers a convenient way to delete apps that were downloaded from the App Store.
- To open Launchpad, click it in the Dock or open it from your Applications folder. You can also pinch closed with your thumb and three fingers on your trackpad.
- If you don't see the app in Launchpad, type its name in the search field at the top of the screen. Or swipe right or left with two fingers on your trackpad to show the next or previous page.
- Press and hold the Option (⌥) key, or click and hold any app until the apps jiggle.
- Click next to the app that you want to delete, then click Delete to confirm. The app is deleted immediately. Apps that don't show either didn't come from the App Store or are required by your Mac. To delete an app that didn't come from the App Store, use the Finder instead.
Uninstall Apps On Windows 10
How to Completely Uninstall an App on Mac. By Alexander Fox / Mar 20, 2019 / Mac. Depending on the application and the installation method, you may be able to completely uninstall an application from macOS by simply dragging the.app bundle into the trash. However, that typically leaves behind at least a few preference files. Method 2: How To Uninstall Apps On Mac Using The Manual Method. If you intend to remove the apps on Mac with the traditional method without the use of a tool, you can follow the steps below. Step 1: To remove an app from Mac, firstly you need to make sure that it is not in use. If so, close the program before proceeding to the next step.
Deleting an app doesn't cancel any subscription you may have purchased with that app. Learn how to cancel subscriptions for apps that were downloaded from the App Store.
Use the Finder to delete an app
- Locate the app in the Finder. Most apps are in your Applications folder, which you can open by clicking Applications in the sidebar of any Finder window. Or use Spotlight to find the app, then press and hold the Command (⌘) key while double-clicking the app in Spotlight.
- Drag the app to the Trash, or select the app and choose File > Move to Trash.
- If you're asked for a user name and password, enter the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac. This is probably the name and password you use to log in to your Mac.
- To delete the app, choose Finder > Empty Trash.
Uninstall Applications For Mac
To use an app again after deleting it, either reinstall it or restore it from a backup.
- To reinstall apps that were installed as part of macOS, reinstall macOS. This applies to apps such as Safari, iTunes, Books, Messages, Mail, Calendar, Photos, and FaceTime.
- You can also redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books that were installed from the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books.
Learn how to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Learn what to do if the Dock contains an icon with a question mark.
Coments are closed