It’s a common issue, you run the Hikvision SADP tool on your computer and you can don’t see any IP cameras or NVR/DVR listed on the software. Mac os download iso for pc. In some cases, you may see some of the cameras but the rest of them are missing, or you can see the NVR but you can’t see the cameras. There are various reasons why the cameras/devices don’t show up on the SADP tool and we will offer a few solutions/explanations in this article.
What is the SADP tool?
The SADP tool (Search Active Device Protocol) detects Hikvision devices (DVR, NVR, IP camera) on the local area network and facilitates device activation and basic network settings modification of one or more devices at once. So, basically SADP is a software that scans your local network and will list all the Hikvision devices that it finds on the network. It doesn’t matter what’s the IP addresses of your IP cameras or recorders, as long as they’re on the same network, the SADP tool will list them. The software locates devices by scanning the mac addresses (and not directly the IP addresses).
- Download Hikvision SADP - Searches for corresponding online devices on your subnet and displays them in a list, along with additional information about them.
- Download Portal United Kingdom. Home » portal » Software » Software Tools » SADP » mac version 32bit.
Using this tool is very important when setting up a Hikvision CCTV system. You can locate the cameras, change their IP addresses, gateways, modify ports and subnet masks, etc. It comes handy when you’re creating your own CCTV network.
Why SADP tool doesn’t detect any cameras
Hikvision Sadp For Mac Os
- Make sure you have installed the latest version of the SADP tool. It’s recommended to uninstall the software and reinstall it again from scratch. Then run it again and see if you see your cameras online.
- Temporary disable any anti-virus software you may have running on your computer. In a few cases the antivirus piece won’t allow the SADP tool to run properly and scan correctly your local network. When done, you can re-enable your virus defender software.
- SADP tool has compatibility issues with Windows 8. Sometimes the winpcap doesn’t get installed properly and the SADP tool won’t show any of the cameras. If you’re using Windows 8, try to run the SADP install file in Windows 7 compatibility mode.
- Reboot the computer and try again. You can try another computer as well, just to ensure that there’s nothing wrong with your current computer.
- Make sure you’re connected on the same network as the cameras or NVR. If you’re on a different network, the tool can’t scan anything. Connect the computer to the same router/switch as the cameras or to the same Wi-Fi as the local network.
- Make sure that the cable you’re using to connect the computer to the internet is working properly.
- If you have a Hikvision NVR with built-in PoE switch, the SADP tool will see only the NVR and not the cameras. That’s because the cameras are connected to the switch at the back of the NVR and are considered a separate network. The tool can’t scan those cameras, and will list the NVR only.
- Make sure your cameras are Hikvision cameras or Hikvision OEM (re-branded) products. SADP tool works for Hikvision devices only.
- Sometimes the cameras won’t show up on the SADP tool because they’re not powered up, or dead. Make sure your camera works fine in the first place. Check the cabling.
- If your Hikvision cameras are way too old, use an older version of the SADP tool. The old cameras may not show up on the latest SADP tool.
The macOS-based iVMS-4200 is a versatile client software application for Hikvision video surveillance. There are modules for live view, playback, event management and e-maps. The client for macOS is now 64-bit and has a new user interface and capabilities including Hik-Connect Cloud P2P, thermal camera support, ATM/VCA/POS playback, and more. The Client is suitable for Mac users that need to. The SADP tool will search any Hikvision products on the network and displays the information of the devices. This software can also be used to quickly configure the network information of the devices such as assigning a static IP address. In order to Live View using Safari on MAC OS, the Hikvision web plug-in for MAC OS needs to be. Download Portal United Kingdom. Home » portal » Software » Software Tools » SADP » Mac 64bit » 18.104.22.168.
Disclosure:Some of the links in this post are Amazon affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase any item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Coments are closed