Download Chrome for Mac. For Mac OS X 10.10 or later. This computer will no longer receive Google Chrome updates because Mac OS X 10.6 - 10.9 are no longer supported. While the developer is fixing the problem, try using an older version. If you need the previous version of Google Chrome, check out the app's version history which includes all versions available to download. Download prior versions of Google Chrome for Mac. All previous versions of Google Chrome are virus-free and free to download at Uptodown.
Though we cannot install Chrome OS, we can install the Open-source software Chromium OS which anyone can install, modify and use it in the way they like. But it requires some technical expertise. Thankfully we have developers like Neverware that modified the Chromium OS and made it easy to install on Mac.
Also Read: How to Install Chrome OS on Any Windows Laptop or PC
Just like Google’s Chrome OS, Neverware also developed the OS from the Open-source Chromium OS project. They have taken the source code from the Chromium and add their own proprietary code to make a working OS. Cloud-Ready looks and works just like the Chrome OS and the best advantage of Cloud-Ready than Chrome OS is that you can install it on a wide variety of hardware including Macs & Macbooks.
Just like Chrome OS, Cloud-Ready also sends you regular updates to improve the features. And it is also as stable as Chrome OS. But there is a caveat, though you can run Linux apps on Cloud-Ready, you cannot install Android apps in it, which Chrome OS can.
Neverware said they will be supporting Android apps in the future, there is still no sign of such an update at present.
1. Navigate to the Neverware website, scroll down till you see the option for personal, home use. Click on it. Alternatively, you can click on this link.
2. There you can see the download links for Windows, Mac, and Chromebooks.
3. Under the Mac Section, download the 64 -Bit zip file.
4. Now unzip the image file using The Unarchiver app.
5. Now open the Chrome browser, if you have not installed before, download Chrome and install it now.
6. On the Chrome Web Store, download the Chromebook Recovery Utility by clicking on Add to Chrome button.
7. Then click on the Add app on the Pop-up.
8. The Chromebook Recovery Utility will be installed and will show up on the Apps page of your Chrome Browser. The apps page should show up automatically if it doesn’t, type chrome://apps in the address bar of your Chrome browser.
9. Open the Recovery app on the apps page and it will show this screen right after that.
10. Click on this Gear Icon on the top and click on the ‘ Use Local Image ‘ option.
11. Then locate your image which you have extracted using unarchiever.
12. Insert the 8 Gb or 16 Gb USB stick and select it. The data on the USB stick will be lost in the process, so make sure to back up your data in it first.
13. This process will install the Cloud-Ready OS into the USB stick. Once the process is completed, remove the USB stick. And you are ready to install the Cloud-Ready OS using the USB stick.
Abbyy finereader 5 sprint for mac. 14. Now you need to Boot the Computer using USB. To accomplish this you need to change the custom boot. Reboot the device and press & hold the option key to open the Boot options.
15. Then select the USB stick which has Cloud Ready installed.
16. The device will boot up from the USB showing the Cloud-ready Logo.
17. Then click on Let’s Go to get started. This may take a few minutes to pop-up as the OS is loading from the USB.
18. Connect to the Internet using ethernet cable or WiFi.
19. The OS will check for any latest updates and then ask you to Log in by using the email address that’s associated with your Google Account. I recommend you don’t log-in immediately.
20. You can use Cloud-Ready OS every time like this by directly booting up with the USB drive. So if you don’t want to install on the hard disc, you can continue logging in. But if you want to erase the entire Mac OS and install Cloud Ready Natively into the system, read along.
21. Installing part is so easy, but now just check whether the entire device is working properly or not. Check the WiFi, keyboard, mouse or trackpad, etc. If something is not working properly, it might be a hardware compatibility issue, so do not install the OS as it is not compatible with your hardware.
However, If everything is fine, you can continue to the next step of installing the Chrome OS. Also, make sure to back up your data in the computer to the cloud or external hard disc, once the OS is installed, all your data on the computer will be lost.
22. To install, click on the time in the lower right corner and click on install OS toggle in the quick settings panel.
23. Then again click on the INSTALL CLOUD-READY.
24. Once the installation process is completed, turn off the device, remove the USB stick and switch on the device back. You can see the Cloud Ready is successfully installed on your computer.