Alternatives to Google Calendar Sync for Windows, Android, Mac, Web, iPhone and more. Filter by license to discover only free or Open Source alternatives. This list contains a total of 7 apps similar to Google Calendar Sync. List updated: 3/3/2016 2:20:00 PM.
If you use Outlook and Google calendars to manage your life, syncing them is critical to avoiding conflicts and ensuring you don't miss planned events or calls.
How you add a Google Calendar to your Outlook account depends on what platform you're using. You can import your calendar, add your entire Google account to your Microsoft desktop app, or add a calendar while logged into your Outlook account.
If you want to sync your Google Calendar to Outlook, here are three ways to do it.
1. Open Google Calendar.
2. In the left-hand column, hover over the calendar you want to add to Outlook.
3. Click the three dots beside the calendar.
4. Select 'Settings and sharing.'© Abbey White/Business Insider You can only add one Google Calendar to Outlook at a time, though you can sync as many as you want. Abbey White/Business Insider
5. On the Settings page, scroll to the 'Integrate calendar' section
6. Copy the 'Secret address in iCal format' link.© Abbey White/Business Insider This link will be pasted into Outlook. Abbey White/Business Insider
7. Log in to Outlook.com and click the calendar icon in the left sidebar.© Abbey White/Business Insider This icon will be to the left of your Inbox folders list. Abbey White/Business Insider
8. Click 'Add calendar.' Free video downloader on mac.
9. Choose 'Subscribe from the web' in the left-hand column.
10. Paste the 'Secret address in iCal format' link.
11. Title the calendar and then click 'Import.'© Abbey White/Business Insider If you don't title the calendar you won't be able to import it. Abbey White/Business Insider
1. Go to https://calendar.google.com.
2. Click on the gear icon in the upper-right.© Abbey White/Business Insider You can find this option in the upper-right next to your profile icon and the month dropdown. Abbey White/Business Insider
3. Select 'Settings' from the drop-down menu that appears.
4. Choose 'Import & Export' in the left sidebar.
5. Select 'Export' to download a zipped .ics file of your Calendar content.© Abbey White/Business Insider A downloading link should appear at the bottom of your browser screen. Abbey White/Business Insider
6. Launch Microsoft Outlook.
7. Click 'File' in the upper menu bar.
8. Select Open & Export from the left sidebar.
9. Click the 'Import/Export' option.© Abbey White/Business Insider The third icon down features green and blue arrows. Abbey White/Business Insider
10. In the pop-up window that appears, click 'Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar file (.vcs)' before selecting 'Next.'© Abbey White/Business Insider This is the file format that matches your Google Calendar download. Abbey White/Business Insider
11. In the file window, locate and select the zipped folder you downloaded for Google Calendar before clicking 'Open.'
12. Choose 'Import' in the window that appears to bring your Google Calendar items into your Microsoft Calendar. You can also choose to create a new calendar in Outlook.
1. Launch Microsoft Outlook.
2. Click on 'Outlook' in the top toolbar.
3. Select 'Preferences' from the drop-down menu.© Abbey White/Business Insider This option will be directly beneath 'About Outlook.' Abbey White/Business Insider
4. Choose 'Accounts.'© Abbey White/Business Insider This section stores all the accounts you have connected to Outlook. Abbey White/Business Insider
5. Click on the '+' icon at the bottom of the left sidebar.© Abbey White/Business Insider This will let you add or create a new account. Abbey White/Business Insider
6. Select 'New Account.'
7. In the login window that appears, enter the Gmail account associated with the Google Calendar you want to sync then press 'Continue.'© Abbey White/Business Insider The email doesn't have to be associated with Microsoft Outlook. Abbey White/Business Insider
8. Choose 'Continue' to authorize your Gmail account to be synced to the Microsoft Cloud.
9. A new browser window will open with a list of your Google Accounts. Select the email account you want to sync to Outlook.© Abbey White/Business Insider Choose the Google account you want to sync. Abbey White/Business Insider
1o. On the next page, click 'Allow' to authorize Microsoft Apps & Services to have access to your Google Calendar.
11. Select 'Open Microsoft Account' in the pop-up window that appears.
12. Click 'Done' after your account has been added.
13. Click the Calendar icon at the bottom of Outlook's left sidebar to see your Google Calendar events in your Microsoft Calendar.
CompanionLink for Mac keeps Outlook for Mac contacts, calendars, tasks, and categories synchronized with either a Google account, smartphone, or tablet. You can choose your destination in the Settings menu of the software.Outlook for Mac sync with Google
Set up two-way sync between your Google account and Outlook for Mac. Simply add your Google credentials to our CompanionLink for Mac app. Our cloud service runs in the background. Changes in Google or on your Mac will automatically sync. Here's a setup guide. Here's a video.Outlook for Mac sync with phones and tablets
Direct sync with mobile devices bypasses cloud services like Google. Simply select the type of device you have from the Settings menu. You will be asked to download our DejaOffice mobile app to your device. DejaOffice stores Outlook data on your device. Your information is never sent to Google unless you choose to allow this by integrating with the device's built-in Contacts and Calendar apps. DejaOffice is a robust app that will hold key Outlook fields for Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, and Categories. Here is an Android setup guide. Here is an iOS setup guide.